Melukis Impian

Melukis Impian Melakar Kejayaan Menembusi Imaginasi

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

And finally she says yes

By: Shakif Suhaimi
Class: 5 Bougainvillea

My third essay yang cikgu aku beri sebelum exam haritu. Cikgu kata suruh buat cerita yang romantik and happy. Tapi aku rasa aku tak mampu nak buat cerita bergenre sedemikian. Rasa macam susah je la. Hehe, sorry Teacher Amy. But I'll try to make an essay about something related to romance to be posted here one day. One day tu bilalahkan? hahaha. 

Biar aku ceritakan serba sedikit tentang essay ni. Ia mencerita kan tentang....Ala bacalah kalau nak tahu. Hehe. Kalau ada komen, sila komen kat comment box kat bahagian bawah ye. Ye la, manalah tahu kot kot ada banyak salah grammar ke, boleh jugak betulkan untuk aku supaya aku takdela melakukan kesalahan yang sama aje bile tulis essay atau karangan. Ape-ape pun, enjoy...

p/s: gambar tu sekadar hiasan ye...
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

        Sara and I were friends since childhood. It started when she moved next to my house. I still remember the date she moved in, 20th December 2000. It was during the holidays before school season began. My mother was the one who introduced me to her. Since then, we became friends. We developed our friendship as both of us entered the same school in the year 2003, standard one. Plus, she was my classmate for the next six years, until now. So, we became best friends by time, and during that time, I developed something in my heart. Now, every time when I go out with her, I still feel that in my heart. It is love.

        Coincidentally  we manage to get into the same university and the same class. We met Rezza, a rich, smart and handsome student, which was also my roommate at the hostel. His father, Encik Rahman was my father’s best friend.His family is nice. They get nicer to me as they know that my father had died few years ago. Anyway, it was his father who supported me for my scholarship. Knowing that, my mom and I owe him our lives. 

        Ever since Sara and I knew Rezza, she never stopped talking about him. When we hang out together, she talked about how smart Rezza is. Every time after classes while we were sitting at the cafe having a cup of coffee, she spoke about how handsome he is to her. In a day, almost 24 hours she mentions his name, even in the Facebook. I wonder what is wrong with her. But, I loathed it for sure. Even though, I just kept quiet and listened. One day, Sara told me something while we were hanging out at the cafe after a class.

        “Danny, “

        “Yes?” I raised my eyebrows and smiled.

        “You know what? I think I am in love. ”

        “What?!”

        “Yeah, I am in love right now, “she said again and smiled while gazing at a cup of hot latte on the table.

        “Well, with whom?” I asked.

        “Let me guess, with Rezza?” I hoped it was not him that she meant. 

        “Yup! You are right. ”My heart sank. I was taken aback with her answer.

        “He already took my heart since we first met, you see. I do not know why, but I feel that my heart is always with him. He is driving me crazy. Guess what, yesterday he proposed me to be her girlfriend. I was so happy. I…I am happy. ”she smiled.

        “Ehm…I am happy too! “I said, tried to smile even it is hard.

        “Yeah? You are happy for me? ”

        “Yes of course. “

        “Me too. He will be my soul mate one day. I hope so…”Soul mate? What about me?

        “…and you will be my best friend forever. We will be together no matter what happens. “

        ‘Best friend? Yes, best friend. I should know the boundary and must not cross it. Why am I so dumb? ‘Take note Danny, you and Sara are just friends, not more than that! As long as she is happy I will do anything,’ said my heart. I hoped that she will never know my feelings to her. It will be complicated.

        “Having a hard time?” I turn my head. Mom passes me a glass of tea before sitting beside me at the rooftop. I take the glass and have a sip. The cold night breeze of the semester holiday forces me to hug myself. 

        “Thanks mom. “

        “What did I do?”

        “Thanks for the tea. It tastes perfect, “I praise.

        “It is the same tea that you have been tasted since you were small. Anyway, it is my pleasure. “We smile. Then, we keep silent for a while.

        “Is there something you want to share with me?” Mom asks breaking the silence.

My face turns gloomy. I keep quiet for a second and take deep a breath before saying, “It is about Sara. “

        “Let me guess, you like her and she does not know that?” I nod, slowly.

        “I like her a lot. We have been friends from the time when we were kids. We share a lot of things together. I still remember how she cried when Haziq and his gang were bullying her. Then, I came to help but I was beaten up by them. She helped me on my bruises and at that time, she had stopped crying. I felt healed when I looked at her. She looked so worried. I saw that in her eyes. But, she was worried as a friend. Not more. It took years for me to be ready and tell her about this. Now, she is with someone else and I think that I should not…“My voice starts to shake. Less than a second, I sob in front of mom. She stares at me and grabs my left shoulder with her left hand.

        “Cry if you want to. It is the best way to make you feel better. ”Then, I cry.

        “I love her, mom. I love her!”I put my head on mom’s shoulder and cry louder.

        Khatijah, Danny’s mother, smiles. The situation was just like the old days when Danny was a little boy. He will sit on the roof until the night ends. Every time when it happens, she will always lend her shoulder. 
She pats her only son and stares the sky. ‘Give him some strength, God, the All Hearing. I am begging You. My son needs You’. She shed her tears.

        Kring! Kring!

        I wipe my tears and take the call as my phone rings.

        “Hello? “

        “Danny! “

        “Sara? “I look at mom.

        “Listen, I want to share with you the biggest moment in my life! “Sara shouts.

        “Okay! Okay! Relax. Now, tell me slowly. What is it? “I wonder what is happening.

        “Okay. Emm, Rezza asked me to have a dinner with him. So, I said yes. At the restaurant, when I was drinking my sparkling juice, I almost gulp down something, and guess what? It was a ring! It was a ring, Danny! He proposed me in front of everyone. Oh my God, I was so happy! “My face turns gloomy for the second time.

        “Then, I said I want to go to the ladies, and now what am I suppose to do? I have not given him a single answer yet. He is out there waiting for me. “I gaze the stars and keep quiet. ‘Come on Danny, you should be happy for her. She is getting married. ’

        “Danny? “I am still quiet.

        “Danny?! “I look at mom. She gives me her sweetest smile like always.

        “Danny??!! “

        “Just say yes… “I answer.

        “Go out, meet him and say it… “I say, and let the tears drawn on my flawless cheek.

        “Do you think so? Okay… “She takes a deep breath before I hear the sound of a door opens.

        “Rezza… “Her voice gives me all jitters. I am shaking to hear it.

        “Sara! So, what is your answer? Will you marry me? “Please say no. Please Sara, say no.

        “I…I do not know what to say, I say…, “and finally she says yes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment